Women, Gender and Violence Conference
• To bring together experts in the area of violence against women to learn about effective, evidence-based strategies for promoting healthy relationships.
• To provide practitioners with up-to-date knowledge about violence issues for continuing education credit/certification.
• To develop connections between practitioners and scholars to better address violence in our community.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
Professionals seeking CE Credits
Clinicians, mental health providers, and others professionals can earn continuing education credits for attending this conference.
Community Organizations & Partners
This event will bring together legal professionals, victim and community advocates, parole and probation officers, rape crisis workers, medical personnel, faith community members, educators and others interested in discussing contemporary practices and emerging issues related to culture, context and violence against women and girls.
Scholars & Students
Members of the academic community will benefit from the applied focus that will be used when presenting empirical research. The ways in which gender and violence research is translated and used in everyday contexts will be useful for those studying these topics.
Seven (7) CEUs available for LMHCs, LMFTs, and LCSWs. Partial credit is not available. You must attend the complete training, sign in and out, and complete an evaluation to receive credits.
Florida International University is an approved CE provider by the Florida Board of Clinical Social Work, Marriage and Family Therapy, and Mental Health Counseling: #BAP 50-12872
WHERE AND WHEN
This training will be held on Friday, January 9, 2015 from 8am to 5:30pm at the MARC Building, 2nd floor Pavilion, located at the 107th Avenue entrance to FIU, Modesto Maidique Campus.
- Community Professionals with CEs $140
- Community Professionals without CEs $70
- FIU Alumni with CEs $120
- FIU Alumni without CEs $60
- FIU Students, Faculty & Professionals with CEs $50
- FIU Students, Faculty & Professionals $25
- FIU Professional Counseling Psychology Students, Charge covered by PCP
- Keynote address only no charge.
SEATING IS LIMITED. PLEASE REGISTER EARLY.
YOUR WORKSHOP FEES INCLUDE
Full day of training required (no partial attendance accepted)
7 hours of education
Food and Beverages will be provided.
The conference reserves the right to cancel due to insufficient registration.
Cancellations received in writing on or before January 2, 2015, will be refunded less a 25% administrative fee. Cancellations received after January 2, 2015, will not be refunded. Please direct cancellation/refund requests to Vanessa Martinez, firstname.lastname@example.org.