Evaluation: Leading Self
Garth Headley is Associate Director and head of Public Affairs for the Center for Leadership (CFL) at Florida International University. He was instrumental in the development of the center's current flagship executive leadership development programs, which recently ranked #1 in the USA by HR.com and Leadership Excellence. He is an alumnus of FIU where he completed his graduate training in Industrial and Organizational Psychology.
Leading Self: The Distinguishing Factor - A Workshop with Garth Headley
Detailed Evaluation Results from Leading Self: The Distinguishing Factor
Out of 37 faculty (26 women & 11 men) 26 attendees completed evaluations.
Questions & Responses
The Leading Self workshop lived up to my expectations.
N=26 Mean=4.58 SD=.90 1(strongly disagree) 5 (strongly agree)
I gained insight and understanding on leadership and how to take action on what matters to me.
N=26 Mean=4.85 SD=.37 1 (strongly disagree) 5 (strongly agree)
I am glad I took the time to participate in this session.
N=25 Mean=4.84 SD=.37 1 (strongly disagree) 5 (strongly agree)
Please give an example of at least one thing you learned from this workshop and will take away with respect to determining your core values, how those values affect your decisions, or how having a deeper understanding of your human skills will help you to manage and become a better leader.
- Living values one day at a time
- You need to know yourself to be a good leader.
- Make small changes.
- Key values and how to discern them.
- I learned that I need to focus more on my core values and how to better integrate these into my life - leadership specifically.
- Values are important for leadership. I can see my values through my everyday choices.
- My list of 5 values.
- Leadership competencies best practices.
- I like the specificity of the examples given and how they were personalized.
- The relationship between values and leadership.
- I will think more clearly about my values and I will practice these values in my daily life and in my long term plans.
- Practicing your values can make decisions much easier.
- Put important values i everyday life in many small ways.
Is there anything that could have been improved about this session?
- It was perfect!
- Great session! Great speaker!
- Have a longer, more in depth session.
- I think it was a good workshop. I have nothing to add.
- More action oriented activities. What should we do to enact values? Doesn't context matter?
- How to apply values that conflict with work contexts.
- Bigger room and follow-up on last task. Define values.
- It would be nice to have similar workshops at each of the competency levels.
- Focus on the university environment.
- Practice skills.
- I would have liked more "nuts & bolts" advise about how to get chosen for leadership.
- Please stick to times stated. Even a few minutes affect a lot.
- More information.
General Comments about this workshop.
- Great stuff! Keep it up!
- The speaker was great!
- Awesome workshop!
- Presenter is charming and the videos were fun.
- Well done.
- Thanks. Great workshop.
- Loved it.
- I enjoyed it.
- I had low expectations coming into this workshop but was happily surprised.
- I am glad I attended.
- Great activities and good solid basis.